Dakota stayed at home with my mom most of the time we were at the hospital so she felt a little neglected, especially by me. It took her a while to warm up to me. I think she was holding a little grudge. But as the day progressed, she was fighting for my attention. She loved Oakley, but the first day I think was the hardest. Not what I was expecting. She wasn't feeling well herself and I think it was a lot for her to take in in one day. She asked to see him a lot and wanted to hold him. She got mad when we tried to take him away from her. That night, she also woke up in the night crying "Oak'ey" over and over. But she is already a great big sister. She lets me know whenever he is crying and wants to check on him. And she asks to see him first thing when she wakes up and wants to say goodnight every time she goes to bed. She is very sweet with him. And things are improving every day.
2.08.2010
Welcome Home!
We were released Sunday morning and came home with a car load of stuff including an oxygen tank and bili bed! But most importantly, we had our sweet little baby boy. We beat my mom and Dakota home from church and quickly unloaded the car and prepared for Dakota to meet her brother. She was so excited to see me and Doug when she came thru the door, that it took her a minute to notice Oakley sitting in his carseat on the couch. But the second she noticed him, she got super excited and ran over right next to him and climbed up to see him. She tried to give him his binky and was very interested in him. She gave him some kisses and held his hand. She calls him "Oak'ey". It's amazing to think I have two kids now! And it was so nice to be home together as a family!


Dakota stayed at home with my mom most of the time we were at the hospital so she felt a little neglected, especially by me. It took her a while to warm up to me. I think she was holding a little grudge. But as the day progressed, she was fighting for my attention. She loved Oakley, but the first day I think was the hardest. Not what I was expecting. She wasn't feeling well herself and I think it was a lot for her to take in in one day. She asked to see him a lot and wanted to hold him. She got mad when we tried to take him away from her. That night, she also woke up in the night crying "Oak'ey" over and over. But she is already a great big sister. She lets me know whenever he is crying and wants to check on him. And she asks to see him first thing when she wakes up and wants to say goodnight every time she goes to bed. She is very sweet with him. And things are improving every day.
Dakota stayed at home with my mom most of the time we were at the hospital so she felt a little neglected, especially by me. It took her a while to warm up to me. I think she was holding a little grudge. But as the day progressed, she was fighting for my attention. She loved Oakley, but the first day I think was the hardest. Not what I was expecting. She wasn't feeling well herself and I think it was a lot for her to take in in one day. She asked to see him a lot and wanted to hold him. She got mad when we tried to take him away from her. That night, she also woke up in the night crying "Oak'ey" over and over. But she is already a great big sister. She lets me know whenever he is crying and wants to check on him. And she asks to see him first thing when she wakes up and wants to say goodnight every time she goes to bed. She is very sweet with him. And things are improving every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
There's a picture of me giving Erika a kiss that I swear looks EXACTLY like the one of Dakota kissing Oakley! You should see f Rachel or my dad knows where it is!
Post a Comment