2.23.2010

Paul "PD" Roundy Obituary


We are shocked and devastated to report that Paul Miles Dean Roundy went home to be with his father, sisters, and into the arms of his Savior on 6 February 2010 after a long courageous battle with Leukemia and during a bone marrow transplant. He was born in St. Paul Minnesota on 13 July 1980, 49 days after his father passed away and was a source of continual joy to his family and many friends. He grew up in St. George Utah and graduated from Snow Canyon High School. He served an LDS mission to Oakland, CA Spanish speaking. PD was very active all of his life and excelled in anything he put his mind to. PD loved to play all sports and especially loved baseball, tennis, ping pong and basketball. He loved nature and went to Hawaii as often as he could. His great love of children was evident when you could hear his nieces and nephews screaming with delight at family gatherings. His special gifts were to love everyone, to think positive and live every moment to the fullest. Paul is survived by his mother, Eileen J. Roundy-Tullis; his sister, LeSha Elaine Reitano, brother, Michael Paul Roundy, sister, Joleen Ann Breinholt, best friend and brother, Mathew Miles Roundy, grandmother, Signe Ikhaml, fiancé, Hailey Weaver, and many relatives and friends. Preceded in death by his father, Paul Miles Roundy, his sisters, Pauleen Joanne Roundy, Michelle Lynn Roundy and Paula Suzanne Roundy. Funeral services will be held Saturday Feb. 13, 2010, 11:00 a.m. at Larkin Sunset Gardens, 1950 East 10600 South, Sandy UT. Viewings will be held on Friday 6-8 p.m. and Saturday 10-10:45 a.m. Interment: Smithfield City Cemetery at approximately 3:30 p.m.

Pauly, you were such a courageous vibrant person. I think that anyone that knew you would have to admit you touched their life in one way or another. Do you remember that one night you gave me a ride home and the scary trenchcoat guy was casing the outside of my house? We both had the most evil feeling and were so scared, you refused to let me stay at my house that night alone. You set up a bed for me at your apartment and took me home the next morning when my roommates were home and it was light out. I'll never forget that night. And I'll never forget what a good person you were. It might sound silly, but that is the night that I knew you were a good person and a good friend and that you would do anything for the people you love. And I didn't even know you that well at the time, but I couldn't have been more right. I will always think of you when I see a Ruby Tuesdays... watch Rounders.... or play Head-to-Head Texas Hold'em... :) I hope you are free from pain now and finally got to meet your father and see your sisters. You will always have a special place in my heart. Love ya!!!

2 comments:

Manning's said...

Sorry about your friend. :(

Lauren said...

Ahh..the trench-coat man!! Love it! Ruby Tuesdays forever! :) Paul, you will be missed! So glad you are pain & suffering free now. God bless!