2.21.2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, last weekend we was our first weekend home from the hospital, and unfortunately we were all very sick. So... we decided to move our Valentine's celebration to this weekend! You can celebrate love any day, right??!!!

Last night, Jichan and Grandma Ma came up to watch the kids for the evening so Doug and I could get a break and go out together. We went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse (I love their rolls!) and then we went the adult session of our Stake Conference where we got to listen to Elder Kikuchi from the 70 speak. It was so great!! A good night of being physically and spiritually fed.

This morning, we laid out Valentine's for the kids. Dakota came running down all excited b/c of our excitement and ran right past them sitting on the table :) But as soon as she noticed them, she grabbed everything and started saying "open, open". We got her some new princess sippy cups, some heart-shaped suckers, and a heart box of chocolates with Toy Story on it. I also got her a heart balloon b/c she has been loving balloons lately. She loved everything and took her new sippy cup to church. She also got to enjoy some chocolate for breakfast which is a rare exception at our house :) Oakley got a cute little froggy chew toy/rattle.




It's still crazy to think I have 2 kids now!! But I love them more than anything! And of course, I love my own Valentine :) But holidays just seem that much better when you have kids!

No comments: