Dakota is perfecting her speaking skills. And learning new words as well. She's said 'soose' for a long time, meaning shoes. But the other day while driving with my sister, she suddenly started saying "shhh.....oooes" over and over... puckering up her lips for the "shh" part. She figured it out on her own and was just practicing! :) It is now by far the cutest clearest word she says. The day before we left for our Boise trip, I read a book we read all the time that has a picture of a little girl and I reiterated, "girl". After reading the book a couple times, I opened up the first page and Dakota said plain and clear, "Gull". She now says girl all the time!
Also, last night while picking up some TP at the store, as the cart rolled and stopped in front of various brands while I compared prices, Dakota observed that the Cottonelle brand had a dog on the wrapper and pointed and started panting like a dog. A minute later in front of Charmin, she pointed to the bear and growled. I was cracking up that she noticed those on her own. After we returned home, I sliced up some strawberries for her. I pointed to them and called them "berries" b/c she calls all fruit 'papple' right now. After calling them "berries" a couple times, she looked at them and growled. Did she think I said "BEAR-ies"? LOL
Also, she made her first attempts at sentences last night as well. At the store, she dropped her binky and when I picked it up and gave it back, she said "Thank you" without any prompting. (Proud mamma moment). Then at home with me and Doug in the room, she started playing peek-a-boo, covering her eyes with her hands, and then as she pulled her hands away from her face, she said, "There-she-is!" It was more a slur of "tha-e-is" but we knew exactly what she was saying. I don't think it will be long before she starts really developing her language skills. I can't wait!
Here's a shot of my little shopper...
1 comment:
so cute! I wish Talan would stay in those cars still.He makes me get it and then he gets out and runs around while I am stuck trying to pull those huge carts around for no reason.
Post a Comment