We stayed with my wonderful aunt and uncle while in Boise. They have this amazing fish pond in their back yard. They let Dakota feed the fish one morning and it was a hit! They just eat these little pellets even though they are large fish. At first she was just mesmerized by the fish and then after Gamma showed her how to feed them, she began retrieving ONE pellet at a time and dropping it in the water. It didn't take long however, for her to realize not only could she throw in handfuls at a time, but that she could put her hands in the water and the fish would come right up and suck on your fingers! If I didn't have a huge fear of little kids drowning in our backyard, I'd be awfully tempted to set up a pond. It is something Doug and I always talked about, but I think it'll have to wait till our kids are older. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay or a better hostess though! Thank you Anne! Your home is absolutely beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment