Today while visiting my friend Lauren and her daughter, Carter in Virginia, Dakota learned to walk more than 5 steps! We were all sitting on the floor at my friend's playing with all her daughter's toys.... One of the electronic toys was set off and lit up and started playing some music. Dakota was standing holding onto my leg when she heard it, and was totally mesmerized. She let go of my leg and just started walking towards it effortlessly. About halfway there, she realized what she was doing, and fell down. But I saw the light go on in her head like, "OH! I can do this... I can walk myself!" I realized she was ready so I started practicing with her and my friend got it on video. By the time we left, she was toddling around pretty well. I think I am going to keep it a surprise though until we get home so she can walk to her daddy and show him herself what she can do! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment