4.09.2009

Playgrounds

Conference weekend was pretty chill. It was great weather, so we went out between sessions for a picnic. Dakota got to play on an outdoor playground for the first time! She thought it was great. She's way into the slide and swing. She giggled the whole time we were swinging and I would say "Wee"". We've been to several playgrounds this week and she's enjoyed every one. One of them had a toddler swing with the holes cut out for legs so I let her swing by herself and she thought it was the greatest thing ever! I love the pure joy that she feels at such simple experiences. We also went to a playground that was donated and built by a woman with disabled children. It was a colorful park with handicap access to everything. It had a rubber ground so it was soft and friendly for babies and wheelchairs. There were tons of kids but it was a great experience. The past few days have been FREEZING and today it was super nice. We just enjoyed being in the warmth of the sunshine and I let Dakota experiment and try lots of different activities. We live near several playgrounds at home and I think this summer they are going to be a big hit!





1 comment:

Our story said...

It looks like so much fun.She is so cute.I can't wait for warm weather too.