4.30.2009
My Eye
Thank you for all your prayers and concern. Things got worse before they got better, but they are much better now. I had to go in the next day for another round of IV antibiotics. The discharge improved, but the redness, swelling and irritation got worse that night. By the 3rd day, I was in agony. It felt like I had papercuts all over my eye ball and that someone was pouring lemon juice into the cuts... it was horrible. I finally called my doctor and told him I couldn't stand it anymore. He told me I may be reacting to the eye drops... 40% of people become allergic to the eye drops. So I quit putting them in my eye every 3 hours, popped a Benadryl, passed out for 4 hours, and when I woke up, the swelling and stinging were gone! I couldn't believe for 24 hours, I was putting eye drops in that were making everything worse. Thankfully, we figured it out sooner than later. As soon as I quit the drops and kept up with the oral antibiotics, things got much better. I still looked like I had really bad pink eye, but believe me, it was an improvement! The infection has impaired my vision temporarily, destroying the top layer of my eye. So right now, everything I see is pretty blurry. But they tell me it will regenerate and heal within 2 weeks. So, I'm hoping my vision returns soon! I really do have the worst health luck... but it could be worse. So, I'm thankful everything is okay and I don't have to do surgery. Mission accomplished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment