The plan was to go to Twin Falls, meet up with my mom... Take some pictures for her magazine... spend the night and go back to Logan in the morning. But instead it went like this... My mom calls me when I'm only 20 minutes away from Twin, saying that her car has broken down and she is on her way to Aamco. I meet her there, pick her up, get lunch, meet with clients, take pictures, find hotel room, find out the transmission is completely gone and will cost near $2500 to replace.... don't have the money to fix... so we rent a tow dolly, spend the night at hotel, wake up, pick up tow dolly, try to pry rusted tow ball off of van, have to buy new tow ball for jeep, drive dolly to Aamco, load van, drag screeching wheels down half a block... unload van, drive 10 mph around the block back to Aamco, have them release rear drive line, load van back up, tow van to Boise going 45 mph.... Spend the night in Boise, wake up, get my uncle to re-connect drive line, unload van, drop off tow dolly at local U-haul, drop my mom off at work, and drive home to Logan... Only, it doesn't stop there. There's construction and I miss my exit to I-15 and drive 30 miles in the wrong direction towards Pocatello. So, I take a detour and drive thru the middle of nowhere Idaho... Rockland, Idaho, population 318. The Snake River was beautiful. The back farmlands were peaceful. Had to stop on the highway for a herd of cattle. The drive was long. One and a half hours longer than planned, finally arrive in Logan. A definite unexpected adventure. But Dakota was an angel. And she loved the cows completely surrounding the jeep as we drove thru the herd. My mom made it back to Boise. And I got some pretty great pictures of the canyon at Twin Falls. Glad to be home.
5.14.2009
Unexpected Adventure
The plan was to go to Twin Falls, meet up with my mom... Take some pictures for her magazine... spend the night and go back to Logan in the morning. But instead it went like this... My mom calls me when I'm only 20 minutes away from Twin, saying that her car has broken down and she is on her way to Aamco. I meet her there, pick her up, get lunch, meet with clients, take pictures, find hotel room, find out the transmission is completely gone and will cost near $2500 to replace.... don't have the money to fix... so we rent a tow dolly, spend the night at hotel, wake up, pick up tow dolly, try to pry rusted tow ball off of van, have to buy new tow ball for jeep, drive dolly to Aamco, load van, drag screeching wheels down half a block... unload van, drive 10 mph around the block back to Aamco, have them release rear drive line, load van back up, tow van to Boise going 45 mph.... Spend the night in Boise, wake up, get my uncle to re-connect drive line, unload van, drop off tow dolly at local U-haul, drop my mom off at work, and drive home to Logan... Only, it doesn't stop there. There's construction and I miss my exit to I-15 and drive 30 miles in the wrong direction towards Pocatello. So, I take a detour and drive thru the middle of nowhere Idaho... Rockland, Idaho, population 318. The Snake River was beautiful. The back farmlands were peaceful. Had to stop on the highway for a herd of cattle. The drive was long. One and a half hours longer than planned, finally arrive in Logan. A definite unexpected adventure. But Dakota was an angel. And she loved the cows completely surrounding the jeep as we drove thru the herd. My mom made it back to Boise. And I got some pretty great pictures of the canyon at Twin Falls. Glad to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Is is sad that I know where Rockland, Idaho is? I hope your Mom can get her car fixed!
Post a Comment