5.21.2009

Shadow


Today as we were leaving the gym, I couldn't get Dakota to walk straight. She was inching (literally) along sideways and no matter how I coaxed her, she wouldn't straighten out or go any faster. She even refused my hand. She was looking down and moving like she was nervous or scared... I thought maybe there was a bug on the ground or something so I looked down and that's when I realized that its wasn't a bug... it was her shadow!! :) She noticed her shadow for the first time and she wasn't quite sure what to think. It made me laugh and I hurried and took a picture with my phone. I ended up having to pick her up and carry her the rest of the way b/c she seriously wouldn't budge.

4 comments:

AW said...

that's funny... that would scare me too if I had some dark little person following me around and I had no idea what it was!

Our story said...

That is so funny.She is very observant.I don't think Talan had ever noticed his.

Brianna said...

LOL! I can picture the proplexed look on her face!

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

This made me think of Peter Pan (one of my favorites)--maybe you should let her watch it!