5.23.2009
My Mountain Man
My husband is a mountain man at heart. He is constantly day dreaming about hiking in the middle of nowhere to find antlers that have fallen from moose, deer, and elk. I didn't even know that these animals shed their antlers every year until I met him. Now, we have over a hundred "sheds" stacked in our basement. Doug has become pretty skilled at finding these. I go with him sometimes and I have found a few myself. Last weekend, we went to the property up Blacksmith Canyon to check things out for the first time all season. The snow had finally melted away enough for us to make the drive all the way up. There's a hill on the northwest corner of the land that is my favorite place on the property. It overlooks the valleys below... a beautiful view in every direction. And it just so happens that I found an elk shed up there last year. So, we made our way up to the top of the hill, and lo and behold, I again spotted another elk antler! Doug calls it my honey-hole now :)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment