I didn't get a chance to make a Mother's Day post, but I want to remember what a great day is was since today, we are honoring fathers, and more specifically, the father of my baby girl. And it's because of him that my Mother's Day was so great! And I want everyone to know how much Dakota and I love her father!
Doug is an amazing father. He takes care of Dakota 3 days a week while I am at work. He couldn't be more in love with her. He pretty much thinks she's perfect. ;) He changes diapers, works hard to pay our bills, washes the dishes every day, takes out the trash, mows the lawn, takes us to church each week, and still has plenty of smoodgy-smoodgy* to go around. He often loses sleep just to stay up and adore her. Dakota adores him as well and loves to listen to him read out loud, talk to her, and watches him intently no matter what he's doing. She's always got a smile for daddy!
On Mother's Day, he woke up early before our 9am church, and made me a delicious breakfast-in-bed with the most divine 4-cheese eggs I have ever tasted! And then he and Dakota presented me with a gift they had gone out and gotten together of a greenhouse kit and seeds for pear-tomato plants(which I had mentioned I wanted). We planted them in the kit and they are growing quickly in our kitchen window. It was a beautiful amazing day and I was so grateful to be a mother and to be married to such a sweet husband.
For Father's Day, Dakota and I picked out some new leather flip-flops b/c the ones Doug had from last season(that he wears practically every day in good weather) were worn out and broke this week. Then we traveled down to Salt Lake to celebrate Father's Day with his family. It's a beautiful day and we are so grateful for our fathers as well, Jichan and Grandpa DeMilt. But most importantly, we are so honored to be parents ourselves this year!
Happy Father's Day, Doug! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment