6.04.2008

All Dogs Go to Heaven


Today, my mom and I had to put down my dog of almost 12 years. I always wanted a dog and when I turned 14, my parents finally let me get one. We went to the Humane Society and picked him out. He was just a puppy then with HUGE paws and grew to be a HUGE dog. :) He's been a really great dog... protective, low maintenance as far as dogs go, loving, and recently, a great companion to my mom. Though they had a bitter-sweet relationship, we were both really sad to have to finally let him go. He had a couple of tumors that had grown to proportions that were making life miserable for him. The whole experience went well and he died peacefully. My mom and I held him while they did it and he just laid down and closed his eyes. The Vet said he never saw a dog close his eyes and that we were lucky. We like to believe that we'll see him again some day. This is my last picture I got to take with him.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I honestly believe that all our little pets will be waiting for us up in heaven! I know there are a few that I can't wait to see! I'm glad he went peacefully...