5.22.2008

Dakota Talk

Aunty Anna bought this adorable ladybug mobile that matched Dakota's bed set. Up until this week, it was reallly cute, but didn't get a whole lot of use. A couple days ago, I noticed that Dakota was finally recognizing the ladybugs hanging on the mobile, so I turned it on. She loves it! She'll catch one on the side and follow it around with her eyes and head until it goes past where she can't see it any more and then she'll turn back and catch another one. Now whenever I lay her under it, she immediatley makes eye contact with one of the plush bugs and smiles and starts kicking excitedly. This morning, she even tried to talk to them. There's also a stitched dragonfly on her quilt that she loves to stare at and talk to. Today, she was having a blast smiling and cooing at the dragonflies and ladybugs.


Here are the dragonflies she was having a perfectly normal conversation with...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

It must be so fun to see her growing up and learning to do different things! That's so fun.

Brianna said...

Yay! I'm glad she likes it. Maybe she's a dragongly whisperer? LOL!