8.24.2010

Potty Diaries Week 2

The weekend she did great! Doug took her to church alone because Oakley and I traveled to a family baby blessing. He went in between each meeting to nursery and took her to the bathroom. She had no accidents!

Monday, one of my best friends had her baby in Logan. We traveled up there and Dakota stayed with a friend while I photographed the birth. We brought her little potty with us and she did great! No accidents! She even napped in the car and didn't have any accidents the whole time! Tuesday I had work, Wednesday we went to the fair, Thursday we went to Boondocks for a Farm Bureau activity, Friday we went to the zoo and then she went to Mi-ma's in Idaho for the weekend. The only accident she had the entire week was in the soft play gym. She told me she needed to go, but by the time we could figure out how to get her out of the maze, she had leaked. But when I got her to the potty, she finished there. She did have an accident in nursery while with Grandma, but I think that's pretty good for being somewhere new where no one knows her (out of town nursery). During the week she also transitioned from being nakey most the time to wearing undies and then pants as well.

She can now take off her own undies and pants to go to the bathroom and pull them back up again. She doesn't expect treats any more after going, although she does like it when I give her praise and make a big deal out of it, so I still do. She's wearing pull-ups to bed but as long as I watch what she drinks before naps and make her go right before and am ready to take her right after she wakes, she has been napping in undies all week. She will just go on her own as long as she knows where the potty is in our house or someone else's, but in a public place or when she is having too much fun playing, I remind her to go every 1/2-1 hour.

I'm super proud of my baby and so happy to be down one less pack of diapers each week! It was much easier than I anticipated and TOTALLY worth it.

I expect to have setbacks and accidents along the way, but all in all, I am very proud of the progress we made in 2 weeks and would rather do a little extra laundry with a few accidents a week than buy, change, and dispose of double the diapers!

2 comments:

The Finlinsons said...

So, I'm prepping myself to do potty training with Eden. Starting yesterday I quite the ritual "have a sippy of milk before nap and bed time" So, maybe I'll see how little she will wet her diaper during these times first. I'm quickly getting tired of diapers also.

CAMI said...

I didnt know it was his family! Thats cool!!!