8.10.2010

Potty Diaries Day 1

Woke up and tried to put Dakota directly on potty, but she wasn't interested and needed time to wake up. We went to the store to pick out some princess panties and then came home to spend the rest of the day home. I let her walk around half naked for most of the day. Every time I tried to put panties on her, she would wet them. If she was naked, she would go to the little potty and use it when she needed to. I put her in panties for naptime and she woke up soaked. I changed her, she went back to sleep and then woke up dry. In the evening, she had no panties on and was running around, suddenly stopped and started to poop. I picked her up and rushed her to the potty but we didn't make it in time. I explained to her that we go sit on the potty when we need to poop. Not sure how much she is understanding, but you gotta start somewhere, right? All in all, she peed in the potty 3 times.

Put her to bed in a pull-up and didn't let her have anything to drink for a couple hours before bedtime.

Better luck tomorrow I hope...

1 comment:

The Finlinsons said...

You are a brave, brave soul. I'm not ready for the potty training and I don't think Eden is either. I'm kind of just hoping for a miracle to happen where Eden will come to me and say, "I want to use the potty and no more diapers" and magically all will be well....but I doubt it.