8.12.2010

Potty Diaries Day 3

I wonder how many potty diaries I will have?? :) Hopefully I'll only need a couple more.

Day 3 was major progress. We did stay home the entire day and didn't leave the house whatsoever. It was (half) nakey time most the day. She peed in the potty on her own for the most part... meaning, she didn't go when I asked her, she just went by herself without prompting when she needed to. Although, I still asked her about every 1/2 hour if she needed to go. She also pooped in the potty on her own while I was upstairs again. We've been keeping the potty in the living room by her toys and shows so that it is close for now, until she gets better at warning me when she needs to go. So far, its working well that way. I with-held drinks for about a half hour before naptime and she pooped and peed in the potty during the hour before. So, I put panties on her during her nap but she did end up wetting them as she woke up. That part, we need work on. The only other accident we had though was she started to poop in the kitchen and then she stopped all on her own and ran to the potty and finished in the potty. So, I had to reward her for that. The rest the day was absolutely great (peed on the potty 7 times total and pooped 1.5 times) and I started giving her mini marshmellows as a reward substitute for gummy worms b/c she loves them and I thought that was a good idea. It was pull-ups to bed and I'm finally feeling like we made some huge leaps in the right direction!!

1 comment:

Nicole Norris said...

That is so exciting! I have to say that potty training is a year long event. You will be going along great for weeks and then have a bad couple of days so don't get discouraged and DON'T GIVE UP!!