8.11.2010

Potty Diaries Day 2

Dakota woke up and was willing to go the potty pretty quickly but didn't really need to go. Her pull-ups were wet. I kept her naked all morning and waited for her to go. We went 4 hours. Nothing at all. I really needed to run an errand so with-held drinks and put her in panties, brought an extra set of clothes and went on our way. She didn't potty in the car. I intended to take her straight to the bathroom when we got there, but after I got her out of her seat and put her on the ground, she immediately squatted and began to pee. DARN! I blew it. She told me while in the store that she needed potty but it was too late. Another wet set of pants! I put her in a pull-up till we got home. Then it was nakey time again. While I was upstairs grabbing some clothes for Oakley, Dakota went poop in her little potty all by herself! I came downstairs to find her leaping off her potty saying "I did it!" I jumped up and down and gave her tons of praise and then she got to pick out 2 gummy worms from the stash. About 20 minutes later, she sat down and peed on her own and again we did a happy celebration. I then put some panties on her. I think that was a mistake b/c a couple hours later, she pooped in them. I think she feels more comfortable in them like a diaper and forgets and then doesn't realize the mistake until its too late. So I am sticking with nakey time for a few days till she gets better and recognizing the urge to go. She peed one more time in the potty before bed and then it was a pull-up to bed.

I think that's progress....

No comments: