11.27.2008

I am the luckiest girl!

Thanksgiving was wonderful! We spent lunch with Doug's family and dinner with mine. For lunch we enjoyed homemade stuffing and pies, sweet potatoes, shrimp tempura, and Turduckin(which is a chicken stuffed in a duck, stuffed in a turkey) Everything was so delicious! It was just Doug's immediate family, minus Rachel's family who were in NY and Melissa who couldn't make it. We missed you guys!! After stuffing our faces with yumminess... we journeyed down to my mom's house for a second round of goodness! Fabulous rolls, turkey, cranberry, candied yams, and homemade chocolate cheesecake!! Wow. The day after Thanksgiving we went to Temple Square for the Christmas lighting. Dakota loved all the lights and the nativity story. We warmed up in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building before heading home and Dakota was crawling all over and climbing on everything! She likes the giant Christmas tree with all the lights and ornaments.

But before the feast even begins, we always go around the table and say what we're thankful for. There are so many things to be grateful for in my life that I could go on forever. I am so thankful for my husband who works full time and goes to school full time so that he can support our family. I'm thankful for his kind heart and willingness to always do better and be better. He is an example to me. I'm thankful for the pure love he has for our beautiful baby girl. His unconditional love and adoration for her reminds me how much our Heavenly Father must love and care for us. I'm thankful for the pure, forgiving, complete love that my daughter has for me. She accepts me fully as I am and loves me. She lifts my heart and my spirit every.single.day. and gives meaning to my life. I'm thankful for the Savior and the sacrifice He made for me to overcome the weak imperfect being that I am. I'm thankful for family and friends who make my trials bearable, and bring joy, love and laughter to this life! I'm thankful for all the ways I've been blessed...with a roof over my head, a warm bed at night, clothes on my back, and food in my tummy. I feel like the luckiest girl.












1 comment:

Nicole Norris said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! I don't know about you but I really need to get moving. I ate way to much!