CHRISTMAS EVE
We headed to my mom's house for traditional Christmas Eve with family. This always includes 3 course fondue... cheese, meat and chocolate! Mmmm! This has been a tradition my family for as long as I can remember. Dakota loved the idea of dipping but really didn't eat much because she was just having so much fun showing off for all my adoring family. She doesn't like to get her hands sticky, but she wanted a giant marshmellow, so she would nipple on it until it got sticky and then put it down and go for a brand new one :) After about 5 sticky marshmellows were layin' around, I finally had to move the bowl! After the feast, we gather as a family to read Christmas stories and act out the nativity with hand puppets and scriptures. We played hand bells which Dakota LOVED and requested we play "one more" time every time it was over :) Then she helped with the nativity reinactment before it was time for bed. We all sang some Christmas songs with her before carting her off to bed, and she cried "one more" all the way to bed. She loved being surrounded by family.
I think this is my favorite day of the entire year. It is the day that I truly focus on Christ in Christmas. It is when we gather as a family and feel the spirit. And when we get to enjoy our purest blessings of love, family and friends. For me, this is the true meaning of Christmas. To be aware of the birth of Christ, and how his life shapes our lives. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. It came full circle for us and I am so grateful for our families and the love we share despite the hardships we face. Merry Christmas Eve!
1 comment:
The picture of Clinton and Doug is really cute!
Post a Comment