12.15.2009

Toddler Bed cont'd

Night #1
She went right to sleep no problem. At around midnight, she woke up all disoriented and scared and I walked in to find her holding onto her covers for dear life and tears running down her cheeks. I gave her binky, told her it was okay and she went back to sleep.

6:00 a.m. I found her crying by the bedroom door (which we put a new door knob and lock on to keep her in the bedroom). I picked her up, put her back in bed, told her it was still nigh-night time and left. I don't know if she actually went back to sleep, but I didn't hear another peep out of her till about 8:00 a.m.

Naptime day #2
Followed nap routine and put her down when she was tired. She jumped out of the bed immediately and I heard her playing in her room for nearly an hour before she went to sleep. I was afraid this would happen in the light of day. Too many distractions. We removed all toys etc from the room but she still entertained herself with her drawer full of clothes and the closet. However, we checked on her after some silence and found her like this....

And she'd put all her clothes/shoes back in their drawers and the room was cleaned up Dakota style :)

Night #2
She cried by the door for about 5 minutes and then went to sleep.

Naptime continues to be a struggle but I just ignore her play and eventually even if it takes an hour or more, she will go to sleep. Hopefully with time the play will lessen and naptime will go more smoothly. I'm glad we have a couple months to get this down before Oakley comes.

Bedtime is easier but she still has been crying.... it is less and less each night and she goes to bed much faster than with naps.

Wish us luck!!

No comments: