Dakota: "Dase-dase"
Me: "Yeah, did you see Jichan today?"
Dakota: "Rarrrrr" (he played animals with her earlier in the day)
Me: "Yeah, did he play with you so nice today?"
Dakota: "Go?" (translation=where'd he go?)
Me: "Jichan went to church tonight"
Dakota: "Church?"
Me: "Yeah"
Dakota: "Dase-dase, church."
I can't believe how much she is trying to communicate lately. I know it won't be long before she is really having a conversation with me.
It was cold but not as freezing as it has been. So, we decided to do the hay ride thru the lights. Dakota was super excited about the horse-drawn trailer. She even learned to say "horse-riiiiiide" while we were waiting for our turn. All thru the lights she was pointing out things that she knew. She said "ho-ho-ho" every time she saw anything related to Santa. And also pointed out the many "moose" (reindeer).
At the end of the ride when the lights were behind us, she kept saying, "more.... more, ho-ho-ho" and we tried to explain that the lights were all done and there were no more. She scowled at us and said "Shoot!" We died laughing!
They had a Santa there and we took her for the 3rd time. She warms up to the idea more and more but still didn't want to be put down. She just told him "hi" and "bye" when we left. And then she asked for more Santa after it was over with. :)
We decided to run thru the lights again in our car before we left and she was glued to the window the whole time. There was a Tinker-bell near the end and she thought she was Cinderella for some reason. So she kept saying "wella-wella" over and over and after we got on the freeway she kept asking "Wella-wella, go?" She just watched Cinderella for the first time with her cousin tonight and I couldn't believe she already knew who she was.
And here is just an updated belly picture of Oakley... I am definitely much rounder and bigger than I was with Dakota. I feel like I have the true basketball belly this time that really just pops straight out! Getting excited for this little man to join us but hopefully not for about 8 more weeks!
2 comments:
it is so much fun when they can start having a conversation with you.they come up with the funniest things.
You look GREAT! I love that Dakota is sticking her head up over the couch in your picture.
Post a Comment