Today was a long day. We went to Virginia City, NV which was an old mining town. Back in the day, it was a very big city and some of the richest miners of the time came from there. But after 3 fires, the city was never fully rebuilt so now its just a small old-time town like something out of an old western movie. We looked in the little shops, saw the famous Suicide Table (a gambling table with the rep of having 3+ people commit suicide over losses at it).... and took a trolly and train ride with a history of the town. The best story I heard was of two enemies that lived in the town. One of the men built on a hillside and when his enemy found out, he purchased the land adjacent and built the house right at the property line just to spite the man... his house blocked his view of the sunrise, and the breeze that cools everything off in the eve. See the picture with two houses squished together? Roofs touching... Now THAT's pushing someone's buttons!! Looks like something off a wells fargo ad.... Koda was so excited to have Jichan and Grandma Ma join the trip!
Oh, the trip was so fun!! Dakota is super cute and Eden had a great time with her. p.s. I'm totally stealing the pictures from your blog! :) Hey, do you have a place you are going to post all the other pictures you took, I would love to see them (I'm a picture-a-holic)
very cool kas. The one picture where Koda is folding her arms with her eyes closed looks like she is praying. IT's so dang cute and caught at the perfect moment. YOur awesome!
2 comments:
Oh, the trip was so fun!! Dakota is super cute and Eden had a great time with her. p.s. I'm totally stealing the pictures from your blog! :) Hey, do you have a place you are going to post all the other pictures you took, I would love to see them (I'm a picture-a-holic)
very cool kas. The one picture where Koda is folding her arms with her eyes closed looks like she is praying. IT's so dang cute and caught at the perfect moment. YOur awesome!
Post a Comment