6.16.2009

Not ready to fly....

I am out on a photo shoot today and as I'm standing waiting for the family to get situated, something falls from the sky literally inches from my face... It was so close I didn't even know what was happening. Then I heard it splat on the ground. My first thought: "Phew, I almost just got bird terd on me!" I look down to confirm my thought, and this is what I saw.....

Poor baby bird :( I think his mom pushed him out of the nest and he was NOT ready to fly. It was so sad :( I've never seen a baby bird this young... probably because they haven't left the nest yet. I'm glad we don't urge our babies from the nest until they are much much older! But it does make me want to make sure they are prepared before I kick them out :)

1 comment:

Our story said...

That is so sad. We are lucky to have our babies for at least 18 years