Some of you might remember the infamous lion video when Dakota was about 5 months old and learned to roar like a lion. Well, we have this animal book that she loves and there's a lion in it. I've been trying to teach her what all the different animal sounds are. Whenever we read the lion page, I roar like a lion. Today, she did it back. And for the rest of the day almost every time I've asked her what a lion says, she roars! :)
She's been learning so much so quickly lately. Everytime she does something impressive, I say "Yaaaay" and clap my hands to let her know I'm proud of her. She recently started to mimic the Yay sound whenever I do it. First thing this morning I was doing it because she was standing up in the middle of our bed by herself. When I said YAY, she clapped her hands together for the first time! I was so excited and kept saying YAY and she kept clapping. And now she can do it on cue. It's pretty cute and she looks pretty proud herself! :)
I've also been signing to her some basic things like MILK, MORE, BATH, SLEEP and Hi/Bye. Today, she crawled into the kitchen about fifteen minutes before I usually feed her, and when I came into the room to get her, she turned right at me and made the sign for MILK. I said it back to her, and decided to go ahead and make the bottle to reinforce the sign. She got so excited when I made the bottle and drank it completely! She's made the sign before when I ask her if she wants milk, but today is the first time she made the sign on her own and tried to communicate a request to me all on her own. It was such a great breakthrough and so rewarding!!
3 comments:
That's totally awesome that she has communicated with her signing, not just mimicking or signing it because you said it! I can't wait to sign with my kids....our nephew signs, and I love it!
So cute! I love the signing. I wish I would have started that with Talan way younger than I did.
Oh my gosh...that is so cute! Lily does this really deep throat growl too. I call her my gremlin child...ahahhaa. Miss you!
Post a Comment