Oh my oh my! I almost have a one year old on my hands! I have to say that I've always made a point to avoid wishing past any age that she's been in and I've always tried to appreciate the each stage she goes thru, but hands down, so far, THIS is my FAVORITE stage! She is so fun!! She's growing into her personality, she's got this teethy grin that just melts my heart every.single.time! She is learning so much and picking up on everything at an incredible rate. Sure, she's trouble... but she's also this big ball of fun lovin' that I am so in love with!
At 11 months, she weighs in at a whopping 18 lbs! lol She may be small, but she's fierce!
Here's where she's at:
*She is much more interested in table food than baby food now (including Gumbo and Curry!)
*She's cutting a mouth full of teeth!
*She got a double ear infection
*Crawls really really fast
*Can stand on her own
*Gets into everything, especially likes drawers and cupboards
*Does all the actions for itsy bitsy spider including "washed the spider out"
*Signs "milk", "more", and "all done" on a regular basis
*Understands so many commands like: "splish splash", "give a kiss", "sit down please", "drink your milk", "come here" etc.
*She understands little games and likes to tease
*She's jibber jabbering in a different way now that more so resembles an attempt at language and communication
*She's toying with the idea of walking but is still a little top heavy in her attempts (took her first steps this month)
*She loves to play peek-a-boo
*Loves Sid the Science Kid and Super WHY tv shows (still loves Nemo)
*She is very interested in books and likes to turn the pages and read them herself!
*She loves to call "Gamma" on the phone and likes to pretend that everything is a phone and talk on it
*She claps when you say "Yay" "Good Girl" or anytime she thinks she's done something noteworthy
She got a cabbage patch baby doll for Christmas that looks like her. I have been teaching her to be soft with babies and how to be nice and give them kisses since she's so prone to clobbering them. So, I'm always telling her to "give baby kisses". Last Sunday, she crawled up to a baby that was sitting on the floor and gave her a kiss and then looked at me so proud. I smiled and softly clapped and she just kept giving the baby kisses. She must have given her 7 or 8! I was so proud of how sweet and cute she was being and at how much she really had caught on to what I was trying to teach her! I did feel the need to run up and let the mother know that she was just trying to give her kisses and that she was not trying to eat her! :) A few days later, she gave my friend's baby multiple kisses as well. We're off to a good start!
I could write a novel this month on all the things I love about her and all the ways she's learning and growing! Just look at the picture... I mean, need I say more??
HAPPY HEART DAY!
One of my favorite things about being a mom is planning special things for Dakota on holidays. My mom always did stuff for us which I loved and looked forward to, so I couldn't wait till I had my own kids and could carry on the tradition! I found this huge stuffed lady bug that is so cute and it was perfect for Vday! Since Dakota is so into opening and closing things like a book, I made a valentine, and folded it like a book. She loved it!
Doug and I went to a romantic dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant here in Logan. It is like the 3rd time since Dakota's birth that we have gone on a date without her. It was nice, but we did miss her :) After our date we went to Petsmart to pick out a goldfish to bring home for Dakota since she loves fish and Nemo so much.
Last year, I bought her the cutest jean skirt lined with lace that had red hearts printed on it. This year, I found tights to match. I didn't even know until I put them on her, that they also have a huge red heart right on the bum! It's so cute! And when she was crawling around on Sunday, everyone at church was cracking up! This is a picture of her sitting in a doll chair at Gma Yuk's house on her birthday, the day after Vday.
No comments:
Post a Comment