3.14.2010

Happy 2nd Birthday to my Baby Girl!

I cannot believe it has been 2 years since I gave birth to my sweet Dakota bee! It has been the 2 best years of my life! Dakota is such a fun, smart, sweet, stubborn, strong-willed, loving, joyful girl! She brings so much joy and laughter into our home. She is definitely the light of our lives! I could never imagine the 5lb bundle I delivered would become such a beautiful little girl. I don't think there is a day that goes by that she doesn't put a smile on our faces!

She is such a smart girl. Her vocabulary is well over 400 words. She's starting to speak in 2-3 word sentences. And if there's a will, there's a way. She will figure it out. It's really hard to put anything past her. She's also our little monkey. She climbs on anything and everything. She has learned how to scoot chairs, boxes, stools etc. to her desired location to access things out of her reach. She also has no fear. She loves slides, chocolate milk, books, Toy Story, The Princess and the Frog, Monsters Inc., Elmo, Hello Kitty and her baby bro'er Oak'ey. She's becoming very independent and likes to do things herself. She also likes to do anything we do and "help" with everything. She can use a spoon and fork, drink out of cup, put on her shoes, and open her own box milk. She sleeps in a toddler bed and likes to sit on regular chairs at the table like a big girl.

Her birthday fell on a Sunday and we are planning a party with our families in a couple of weeks. But I wanted to make sure the day was still special. So, we made cupcakes and I let her help me with every step. She loved it! I think she liked making them more than she cared about eating them afterward. We also kept telling her, "It's your birthday!" and "How old are you?" So now she says, "my oot-day" and "two!"






Here are her stats:
Weight: 24lbs 18%
Height: 34in 56%
The doctor commented that she is "just such a beautiful kid!" after she cooperated so well for her exam and said 'thank you' for everything.

3 comments:

Nicole Norris said...

Where does the time go? I have to agree with your doctor, you do have a beautiful daughter!

The Finlinsons said...

Oh! Happy late birthday to Dakota! Looks like you guys had so much fun. I can't believe how fast time flies!

Our story said...

you are such a good mama to let her help you with making the cup cakes.when I am in the kitchen I have no patience to have Talan help as much as I know he wants to.I've been trying to get better at it.She is so cute.happy birthday to her!!