
Well, today is my due date and also Oakley's 1 month birthday! What are the chances a baby comes exactly one month early!?
The past month has been such a roller coaster! Things are finally settling down. Oakley is doing great. I don't know for sure, but from my own calculations, I think he is just about 7 pounds even. And he is fitting into newborn clothing and diapers perfectly.
We love having this kid part of our family! He is such an easy going baby. He is content most of the day. He smiles a ton and loves to be snuggled. He has a good head of hair and really cute dimples that I hope remain as he grows! He is very expressive with his face and eyes. He can open his eyes up pretty wide! He loves baths and being sung to and talked to. He will listen very carefully when anyone is talking near him. He smiles whenever you kiss him. He likes to sit in his swing and his rainforest bouncer seat. He is starting to really focus on things with his eyes. And he eats frequently but quickly. It can be a bit exhausting to feed every 2-2.5 hours but the doctor says this is completely normal for an early baby and I'm sure as soon as he manages to gain some chub, the feedings will space out as he will eat more at a sitting.
We've had mixed reviews on who he looks like.. some say they can see me in him, others swear he looks just like Doug. I don't think he looks as closely like Doug as Dakota did, but he does have some of his features and the general Asian look. One thing is for sure, he has his own look and in no way resembles Dakota as a newborn!These are just a few pictures I caught of him on his 1-month mark! How can you resist that face?!?!!
1 comment:
he is ADORABLE!I can't believe how tiny he is.
Post a Comment