9.25.2009

Quality Assurance

Yesterday was a very productive garden day. I took Dakota out with me to check on the tomatoes and lo and behold, we had about 12 ripe ones! Usually, we only have about one or two. I also picked some peaches from the tree and let Dakota help me. I put a basket on the ground a foot away from the tree and I would pick one or two peaches, hand them to Dakota and she would go put them in the basket. She was a great little helper.... HOWEVER, once we were inside and I began to sort the goods, I noticed that about 5 of the peaches had little bites out of them. Hmm... I guess while I wasn't looking, Dakota was taking samples to make sure they were good. :) It made me chuckle. I cleaned a small one off for her and let her at it, and she ate about half. Its pretty satisfying to go out and pick fruits and veggies from plants we planted! This has been our most successful garden yet, and we plan to expand with each coming year. {Tomatoes, Crookneck Squash, Zuchinni, Snow Peas, Pear Tomatoes, Peppers, and Onions}

1 comment:

Our story said...

I am so jealous.I want a garden so bad. She is so cute!