7.14.2008

Happy 4 Month Birthday!


Ok, its time for another monthly re-cap. I can't believe I am the mother of a 4-month old! I took Dakota to her check-up today and she weighed in at 12lbs 13oz and measured 23 1/4" long(or maybe I should say short). She's in the 15% for her height and the 30% for her weight, which is amazing compared to the 2% she was in at birth for both. Also, at birth, she was below the charts on head size... but now caught up to the 30% for head circumference. No wonder she seems bald! Her head is growing faster than her hair! :) She got her second round of shots and didn't seem to handle them as well this time around. She was more offended this time that we hurt her. It took several rounds of calming down before she really settled. And then she ran a fever and cried off and on most of the afternoon. She's still a trooper though! By evening, she was all smiles again.

Her biggest milestones for this past month are:

*Going to sleep on own and sleeping 10-12 hours a night
*Learning how to kick and splash in the tub
*Grasping objects and shaking rattles (and putting them in her mouth) ;)
*Rolling over from tummy to back
*Smiling and cooing
*Recognizing people she knows
*Standing up and jumping a little in the jumper

This past month she went swimming for the first and then subsequently multiple times. She also stayed at Grandma's house for several days and did very well. She went on her first road trip for our family reunion and handled the car ride and schedule change pretty well with a few minor bumps. She discovered her voice and now makes more assertive cooing sounds. She still loves to be outdoors, go for walks etc. She definitely knows her Grandma and Jichan. She's very flirtatious with anyone who will give her attention. She loves to kick and splash in the water. And she recognizes her bottle and when I'm about to feed her. She's still a great little sleeper, and is accustomed to her bedtime routine.

I can't believe another month has gone by! She's getting so big so fast! And soooooo CUTE too! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eyevbrows looking like Kassie's again, can't wait until it's obvious. aunt B-