8.28.2012

Ryden 11 Months


I am in denial that my baby boy will be 1 in less than a month! They just grow way too fast! We love our Ry more and more with each passing day. He brings so much joy into our home. He still has yummy chubby cheeks and the cutest toothy grin around. You can't help but smile when you see it. He cut 2 more teeth over the last month for a total of 8 teeth. These teeth are really starting to define his look. He's so darn cute.

He's onto bottles and food full time. He's even eating more table food these days and relying less on bottle calories. I've started to give him some dairy and he seems to be handling it fine. He drinks a little milk here and there and eats cheese and yogurt. He loves to eat real food. Plain scrambled eggs are about the only thing he doesn't eat. I think it's more of a texture thing though because he eats eggs in other forms just fine.

He is a speedy crawler and gets around the house just fine. Still working on learning to go down the stairs. But he goes up just fine. He pulls himself up onto everything and likes to pull things off surfaces... empty drawers... tip the trash can... you name it. He loves the toilet even though he knows it's off limits. He pretty much loves to do anything his siblings are doing. He does not like to be left out of anything. And he loves to be as independent as possible.

He's so happy whenever you go to get him out of bed in the morning or after naps. He just holds onto the crib and jumps up and down. And you're always greeted with a grin. He gives kisses on request with a big open mouth. He's starting to wave bye-bye. He can cluck his tongue. He claps by slapping his hands together up and down. He likes to play patty-cake. And when you shake your head "no" at him or sometimes when you just tell him no, he shakes his head back at you but usually he can barely balance his body while he shakes his head and he almost tips over. Its my favorite thing he does right now. He also sings along with music in the car. He has been walking around furniture for a few weeks but just started walking while holding my hands. He likes to do that now. He says "Ma-ma" "Da-da" and "Buh-buh". He's also said "Ya" a few times in response to questions.

He is a pretty good car baby. We just got back from St. George and he never complained the whole drive down or back. He just talks to an elephant toy I have hanging by him or sings along with the music.... or plays peek-a-boo with his brother and sister in the seats behind him (well in front of him bc he is rear facing).

He's starting to fit into 18 month clothes but I'm not sure how much he weighs. He seems longer. I can hardly dress or change him b/c he won't hold still. Patty-cake is the only distraction that will keep him there long enough. He has had a bad diaper rash for over a month now and I have tried everything. I'm not sure what is causing it. Though I think all the teeth he has been cutting isn't helping. I am planning a Mickey Mouse birthday for his 1st and just trying to enjoy the rest of his baby-hood! I know he's going to be toddling around before I know it!

No comments: