
We love our Ry guy. His little personality is really starting to shine through. He is observant and smart and determined. He loves his brother and sister and can't wait to run around with them. He knows his family well and loves to be a part of whatever we are doing. He is extremely interested in table food though he hasn't really had any. Two french fries and baby biscuits are about it ;) He's been introduced to some baby foods... cereal, carrots, peas, apples, bananas, pears and squash. He likes it all and eats quite a bit. But he still longs for our food. He gets so excited every time I put a bib on him to feed him. He can hardly contain it.
He loves baths but doesn't get to take them often. We went swimming again and he enjoyed being in the water with his siblings, floating around in a tube. He enjoys being outdoors. We've had a few warm days lately and I've brought him out in his carseat or the Bumbo chair to enjoy the weather while the kids played outside. He loves his Jumperoo but doesn't use the swing as much. He likes certain movies and shows but not all TV. He really enjoys Nemo (surprise surprise) and Toy Story and he loves the Baby Einsteins videos.
He learned how to roll over in every direction recently. He is just starting to get control over it and use this skill to get where he wants to go. His motor skills are pretty good. I watch him go for things he wants and he is pretty accurate. He's also finally got somewhat of a sleep routine down and will sleep at night for more than a couple hours at a time. I believe he's been teething for a while and also had some medical issues. He's just starting to sleep from about 8pm to 6am pretty consistently. Sometimes will wake up once. Then he eats at 6ish and goes back to sleep till about 8:30 or 9. This past month there was blood in his urine. I found it in his diapers and the urine tests revealed large amounts. Because there was no apparent infection, we were sent to PCMC for an ultrasound. It appeared normal but we still don't know what was causing the blood. And there seems to be some significant pain associated with it. He didn't sleep at night for about 2 weeks straight and was crying non-stop. Poor little guy. We are still in the process of figuring out what the problem is. But I also can see his bottom two tooth buds so I expect a tooth any day now and can't decipher between other discomforts and teething. He's been in cloth diapers exclusively now for about a month and is doing really well. We haven't had any issues there. I think he still breastfeeds a bit more often than other babies his age. I think its frequent smaller meals but I'm trying to get him down to 4-5 feedings a day. Until now, it's been more like 7-8 with cluster feedings in the night and morn. His naps are also sporadic but are finally starting to become routine. One good thing I can say is that he does put himself to sleep with little to no crying. So that is great! And I can tell a huge difference in his sleeping when he has white noise and when he doesn't. He sleeps a million times better with it! He's also starting to sit well supported.
Ryden is happy most of the day and tries to be flexible. He would love more attention I'm sure, but he takes what he can get and he is happy with every ounce. He's a growing boy! He already fits into 6-12 month clothing perfectly fine. He weighed in at 15lb 8oz at his appt and about 26 inches long. He's much bigger than our other two ever were. He's about 20% for weight but 35% for heighth. It's crazy to me that I am putting clothing on him that Oakely was wearing right before Ryden was born. I think he'll catch up to his brother by the time he's 2 for sure! He's at the max capacity of his cradle... we are in a tight living situation with our inlaws right now so he hasn't been able to move to his own bed but hopefully soon b/c he barely fits in the bassinet any more! His toes and head touch each end. He loves his binky but only uses it for sleep or when he is really fussy. He is just beginning to handle it on his own and take it in and out by himself. He chews on it a lot as well. He often has his pointer finger along the inside of his cheek as well gumming on it. He's starting to jabber a little more and laughs pretty easily for us. He smiles all day long.
Right now I love his big smile, his bright brown eyes and his rolly chunky baby-so-soft skin. I just want to eat him up and nuzzle him all day long! He is the sweetest cutest boy!
UPDATE: At another recent appointment, he weighed in over 16 pounds and 26 1/4 inches. Growing boy! He's only 6.5 months.
No comments:
Post a Comment