
Our little 5 month old is so chubby and cute. I get lost in his cheeks. He's seriously such a cute boy! And so easy to love.
He absolutely knows his brother and sister and loves to be around them, smothered by them, and played with by them. He gets upset when he is left alone, especially if we all leave the room or his view for more than 30 seconds. I can't wait until he is old enough to run around with them. I love having my 3 kids so close! They are such buddies.
Ryden is pretty much rolling from tummy to back on instinct. I can't really keep him on his tummy much b/c he immediately wants to roll over. He's obsessed with his tongue lately and sticks it out all the time. He's jabbering a bit more. He flails his arms out and arches his back when he gets really excited. He loves any attention he can get. He's a pro at the Jumperoo and even shows some interest in whatever shows the kids are watching. He still likes the swing occasionally but he has to be in the mood. He still loves his binky and he's always chewing on his finger and anything else he can get in his mouth.
He knows his blanky. It is Winnie-the-Pooh print on one side and apple green on the other. Very soft. I use it often with him but didn't realize how attached he'd become. He really won't sleep without it. He likes it right against his face. Sometimes completely covering it and I am always nervous he will suffocate so I try to sneak it off a bit after he passes out.
His hand-eye coordination is great. I can really see it come to fruition. He goes after what he wants.
The spitting up has slowed down. I noticed that as long as we avoid normal formula, he doesn't have much of a problem with it. I use special hypo-allergenic formula to mix his baby cereal. He can really chow down on the baby food! And he eyes table food every time he's around it. He is dying to eat normal food! Reminds me of Oakley that way. I really can't wait for that day either to be honest. It's so much easier when they can have regular food and feed themselves to some extent.
His sleeping patterns are improving. We are working on getting down a schedule right now. But he's sleeping from about 9pm to 7am and usually wakes up once around 2am and has to be calmed back to sleep or sometimes fed. I'm trying to eliminate that wake-up but its been tough with our living situation. He is still in our bedroom and just about too big for the cradle. We're gonna have to do something different soon. But he does well with binky, blanky and the noise maker.
This boy is growing so fast. I swear he is super long! He already fills out 9 month sized clothes. I can't wait to see his measurements next month.
We love our little Ry. (Who looks exactly like Dakota did at this age!)
No comments:
Post a Comment