


Our perfect baby boy was born on Monday September 26, 2011. It was a beautiful day with a partly cloudy blue sky... much different from the winter days I've had the other two. We got to watch the sun rise. He was born at 12:42pm weighing in at 6lb 3oz and 20 inches long. I went in around 2am with very mild labor so that I could receive antibiotics for Group B Strep. My active labor only lasted about 4 hours before he was born. I delivered him naturally with no pain medications or drugs. The labor and delivery went smoothly and so far my recovery has been awesome! It was just as I intended it to be. Such a wonderful experience! And my biggest baby so far!
Ryden has been a good baby from the start. He hardly cries. He cried right at birth, but as soon as they put him on my chest, he snuggled up and stopped crying. He has been very peaceful and pleasant ever since. He breastfed right away and has had no problems with it. They referred to him as their "track star" at the hospital because he was eating and pooping like a champ! He had gotten rid of all the meconium before we even left the hospital.
He's slept for at least 5 hours at night since we got home... one night he even slept for 7! He is a very content baby. He listens to all that is going on around him. I am certain that besides my voice and Doug's, he also knows Dakota's. He loves to listen to her tell stories or sing songs. He responds immediately whenever she is around. He is sleeping a lot during the day, but when he is awake, he is very alert and makes a lot of expressions. I think he is going to have big eyes like his brother and sister. Dakota fell in love with him right away. She asked, "Can I keep him?" Oakley has had a harder time adjusting but he gets warmer every day. He now calls him "bayba" and likes to sit by him and point to different features on his face. I think with time, they will be the best of buds.
At birth, Ryden looked almost exactly like Dakota did, but more masculine. However, as the days go by, I am seeing some traits that remind me of Oakley and overall I think he kind of has his own look. Though, he definitely looks like he belongs to our family. He has more hair than Dakota did, but not as much as Oakley. And most of it is in the back. It is black and he has black baby fuzz all over his shoulders, ears and cheeks. He's my little monkey. He has very long arms, long slender hands and fingers as well as feet and toes. I am told he gets this from his Bachan. He tries to hold his head up a lot.
He loves to be held, but he is also happy being swaddled in his cradle. He's just so flexible and easy right now.
We are so so happy to have him in our home and so blessed that everything went so well and that he is healthy and strong!
3 comments:
Congrats! Glad all went well and I am impressed you went natural! I tired with Paisley and gave up :) He seems like a great baby! Congrats again...
Congrats! He's beautiful! From the few pictures I've seen of Ryden, I don't think he looks much at all like Dakota or Oakley. I think all three of your kids look very different (but they look like siblings).
He is beautiful! So happy for your family!
Post a Comment