
It's hard to believe my baby is a month old already! Time just flies by after they are born!
Ryden has been busy growing and growing. At one month he weighed exactly 9lbs and was 20 1/4" long. His face has filled out and his arms and legs are finally starting to get some chubb on them.
I'm not use to having a baby this long at first. He didn't fit into any premie 1-pc because he was too long, though skinny. I can definitely tell the size difference. And I think his length is preventing him from looking as chubby as the other kids at this stage. It has more space to distribute.
I thought he would lose the hair on the front/top of his head but so far it is still there. He is pretty dark and has big eyes like his sibs. They are dark but not brown yet. He is a lot more alert these days. Starting to make eye contact and hold your gaze. He's focusing on objects and batting his hands around. He makes lots of cute faces... is very expressive with his face.
He has gone from a great sleeper to the worst. We are still in the process of figuring out what is disrupting his sleep pattern, but at night, he fusses, grunts and cries almost the entire night. There is only about 2-3 hours of real sleeping. We just started meds for reflux and hopefully that will improve our situation. Poor kid was also affected by the 2 different antibiotics I was on for mastitis and a staph infection that I got a couple weeks ago. But it is obvious he is getting enough to eat with the 3 pounds he's gained in just a month!
He loves the interaction of his brother and sister. He likes noise and starts to get upset when things get too quiet. Clearly a 3rd child :) He likes to be sung to and loves baths. Between 3-4 weeks, we took him to Crystal Hot Springs and he absolutely loved it! I've never seen him so relaxed and happy in his short life. He is a good baby during the day... will lay happily while I attend to other things, but really prefers to be held and talked to.
We also found out that he is allergic to Huggies diapers. But he seems to do fine in Pampers. Until we figured it out, he had a severe rash on his bottom for 4 weeks. Poor kiddo :(
Other than the lack of sleep, we are really enjoying this babe! He is sweet and handsome and just so loveable! I can't wait to see how he changes and grows. He reminds me of both other kids now but really has his own look.
We love our little RyRy!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! He is precious!
Post a Comment