1.16.2009

Dakota Ten Months


Oh my, how did we get to be 10 months old already? And so dang cute, might I add! This little one is giving me a run for my money!

Last month Dakota got very sick with a stomach bug and lost some weight, so this month she only weighed in between 16-17 pounds. Just a squirt. And she's about 26 1/2 inches long I think.

This last month she has learned so so much!

*She gives kisses and loves when asked (if she's in the mood)
*She crawls really fast
*She pulls herself up on everything
*She can stand on her own for about 10 seconds at a time before she gets nervous and grabs hold of something.
*She is learning some basic sign language and knows "milk" "hi/bye" and all the signs that go along with "Itsy Bitsy Spider"
*She sings along with music
*She says "mama" "dada" "yaya" "nama"(Nemo?)
*She cocks her chin and says "eeyea" over and over... kinda sounds like barking but she's not around dogs... we can't figure that one out yet :)
*She starts to stand up in the bath when she's ready to get out
*She plays Peek-a-Boo by covering her face and then pulling it down with a big smile!
*She got a stomach bug for 10 days, threw up non stop and lost 2 pounds... had to be hospitalized for 2 days before Christmas
*She cut her front two teeth on top
*She knows what "no" means
*She walks along furniture or with her Lion walker
*She steps on her tippy toes
*Finally got rid of the awful diaper rash (vaseline, cornstarch, gold bonds powder, baking soda baths, and air time!)
*She's graduated to 6 oz feedings 4x a day
*She eats tons of solids except milk products... loves bread and bananas!
*Have I mentioned how addicted she is to Finding Nemo?? :) And she smiles during the funny parts! Seriously!
*Pretty good at feeding herself finger foods
*Her feet actually hang over the edge of the carseat now! I never thought the day would come!
*She loves to open a close everything.. books, laptops, phones, doors, papers folded in half... you name it!
*She's got a pretty long patch of hair right on top but not much anywhere else
*She climbed out the swing and tried to get out of the high chair... watch out!
*She sleeps thru the night again (YAY) and entertains herself in the crib for a bit when she first wakes up (double YAY)
I couldn't ask for a better baby! She lights up my life and I ache to hold her every minute I'm not with her. She is just so sweet and too smart and so funny!! MWAH!!

2 comments:

The Mieures said...

Oh my I can't believe how big Dakota is getting. She is such a cutie! I hope we can come up and visit soon!

Brienne Alder said...

It's crazy how much they learn! I think you are a great person Kass and i am really glad we have become such great friends. I admire your strength and spirt so much! Luv ya!