I had an amazing weekend celebrating my birthday with friends and my hubs. My best friend, Lynn arranged a stay at a Radisson hotel on Friday night. We met up around lunchtime and went to Star of India buffet. YUM! Then we got ourselves a mani/pedi at Nails 4 U. She also arranged a birthday dinner with all of my close friends at Simply Sushi. It was fabulous! So many of my friends made it, even though there was a horrible winter storm that day and the driving was terrible. We had our own private table in the corner and all had all-you-can-eat, ordered tons of rolls, and shared everything. Several of my friends who had never had sushi, were able to try different things and figure out what they liked! We ate and chatted for hours! The chef also designed a special plate for my birthday and the staff came out and sang happy birthday to me. It was so fun! Afterward, Lynn and I decided to be a little crazy and go to a movie that started at 11. We saw Silver Linings Playbook. We had some good laughs and then came back in the FREEZING COLD to our hotel and snuggled up in our warm beds. I was able to sleep in till almost 10am and then we went to brunch at Red Rock Cafe. Delicious! ThenI was able to go for a massage which was lovely. I came home to my boys (Dakota in CA for the weekend). I relaxed most the afternoon with them and got a few things done around the house and then got ready for a night out with Doug. Betty watched the boys while Doug and I went to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and then to the movies. I also got a birthday package from my mom. It was a fabulous fabulous weekend!
30 feels just right. I think I'm at a good place in my life and I'm proud of all that I've learned and experienced. I think I am more nervous about turning 31 LOL! So here's to a fabulous flirty 30 year! I'm looking forward to it!
At this point in my life now more than ever, I am so grateful for such wonderful friends and family. I know some of the most amazing people and it is so nice to know that good friends who have been there for me (many since childhood), will be there for me probably the rest of my life. I felt so loved this birthday and that was the best gift of all!
Cheers!

1 comment:
Happy 30th girl! Glad you had an awesome birthday!
Post a Comment