3.29.2011

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!


Dakota started pre-school and gymnastics today. It's a combined program which I love b/c she gets so much gymnastics instruction for the same price as just pre-school. Way nice! And of course she is thrilled to participate in both! I didn't try to tell Dakota about it until the night before b/c I knew she would be excited and doesn't really understand long time frames yet. But last night we told her she needed to go to bed early b/c she had school the next day. She exclaimed, "FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! ....Like Nemo!" Maybe we've watched that movie too many times... LOL.

So all morning she was so excited to go, but it didn't start till 1:00. After everything we did, she would follow it up with, "So we can be ready for school??" She took a bath, got a hair trim, dressed in her comfy gym clothes and ate a good lunch. Then she put on her Hello Kitty backpack and rushed to the car.

She seemed to adjust really well and the teachers said she did great for her first day and that she follows directions really well. Doug stopped in half way thru her gym time and watched her. She got a little distracted by that, but I was glad he came. When I came to pick her up, there was a parking spot right by the front door. Apparently she saw me pull in b/c she came bursting out the door within seconds and ran around to my door to tell me about her day.

She made a hand cutout with different textures and learned about feeling/touching. And while she was at school, Oakley and I peacefully ran a few productive errands :) I think it was great for all of us and I'm happy to have a little dedicated Oakley time each day as well!

1 comment:

Our story said...

So cute!It's so fun but so sad to see them grow up so fast.