
Weight at 1: 18lbs 13oz
Height at 1: 28.5 inches
Boy, where did the last year of our lives go? My tiny baby is a big boy suddenly! I can't believe he is one year old. Our family wouldn't be the same without him.
He is the light of our lives and brings so much joy and laughter into our home. You can't help but smile when you see his smiling face! His personality is developing more and more each day. He's extremely laid back and content most of the day just chasing his sister around and playing with toys. He absolutely loves to be read to and sung to. He often hums along with music. His main interests are cars and balls. Anything that is round or spins. He can spot a wheel of any kind a mile away and will race to it and try to rotate it with his hand. He really has very little interest in animals, which I always find surprising. He also loves anything electronic and gadgets. He likes anything adventurous, especially kiddie rides, being chased, and thrown up in the air.
He is walking along furniture and just trying to stand on his own for short periods of time. The day after his birthday, he took his first steps while we were visiting Doug at an expo he was working at. In the same day, he also learned how to go down the stairs by himself. He was able to go down for several weeks before, but we always had to get him started. Now, he knows how to back up on his own and go down. He has been able to go up stairs for several months now. He's still a speedy crawler. He just started clapping his hands this past month when we say "Yay" or "Patty-Cakes". And he frequently gets in a position where he looks like he's about to perform a summersault. He also figured out how to climb up on his sister's bed by himself and enjoys that freedom. He's got 4 front teeth, and 3 bottom with the 4th one finally cutting thru this week!
He's been on full time formula for the past 6 weeks. We had to stop breastfeeding a little early b/c he is a biter! That is still a problem we are working on... He's starting to get a little more attitude as well. Seeming a bit more stubborn. He does not appreciate when you tell him not to do something or take something away from him. He will let you know! He has become a great sleeper. I think for a long time he was just not getting enough to eat. Now that he's gaining, he sleeps thru the night for about 12 hours and takes 2 naps in the day. His main nap is in the morning for a couple of hours.
He blabbers more and more but there is nothing I am certain that he says. I know he understands a lot. He knows when I ask him if he wants a bottle, if its Nigh-nigh time, to give kisses, to give hugs, patty-cakes, if he wants to jumpee, or wants to eat. I probably need to work on language a little more with him. It just isn't as easy with two kids! ;)
I love this stage of baby-hood and can't wait to watch him develop and grow over the next few months! We love our little man!
2 comments:
It sounds like you have your hands full. What a cutie. I love your post. Blogs make such great journals.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog! It's so fun to find people's blogs. I love it!
Thank you also for your comment. I love to hear people's success stories. I really need that right now.
Your family is adorable. I agree with what you said about having your kids close together rather than not having them at all. That's what we are hoping for as well the next couple of years. :)
Well, I'm glad you found me now so that I can follow your blog. You look as beautiful as ever!
Post a Comment