

Can't believe my little bear is 10 months old already. Kind of makes me sad. I'm also a little excited for him to grow into his personality and become his own little person. He's so much fun!
This past month has been pretty big. At the beginning of November, Doug and I went away for our anniversary and left the kids with Jichan and Marsha. This was Oakley's first time being away from me for more than just a few hours. He took bottles and was a good kid. He even slept thru the night for them!
His 4th tooth came in so now he has got 2 on top and 2 on bottom. It has really changed his smile and given him more personality. He also looks older. His hair is growing in and he's learning new things every day. He's extremely mobile... can pretty much get anywhere he wants to by either crawling, standing or climbing. He climbs the stairs like its a race and we have to keep a close eye on him these days b/c he doesn't know how to get back down and has almost fallen down them more than once.
He loves his sister and interacts with her a lot now. Even teases her (and us) in his own way. He still has a smile and laugh that can light up any room. He's ticklish as ever. He loves to chase and be chased around the room and play peek-a-boo. I'm pretty sure he's tried to wave hello a few times.
He had his first Thanksgiving and of course loved it! He loves to eat and enjoyed all the food! But despite his love for food and eating, he is quite small for his age so the doctor has me supplementing with formula. Due to this necessity, I decided to cut back to just 2 breast-feedings a day (morning and bedtime) and use formula during the day to better track his caloric consumption.
He also got his first cold this month and really took about 3 whole weeks to get over it. He had a bit of a hard time sleeping with a stuffy nose but all in all he was a good sport as usual. We also got a little more serious about his sleep schedule recently and have been putting him to bed along with Dakota and letting him cry it out. Needless to say, most nights now he might let out one squeal but then he passes out. Unfortunately, Dakota tends to stay up longer and wakes him up several times before falling asleep herself. I feel bad for the kid but hopefully they'll both get use to it so I can get my sanity back! I've also been letting him cry it out in the middle of the night. If he wakes, I let him fuss for about 3 minutes before I go in to check on him and most the time now he will just put himself back to sleep.
All in all its been a fun and eventful month! My little boy is growing up. Before I know it, he's going to be toddling around. I think he'd be walking by now if his feet weren't so dang small (he still wears size 1 shoes).
We love you Oakley!
1 comment:
I love to hear all about Oakley and Dakota on both your blogs. Time is going so fast! We'll be back in Utah Dec 12th...so I'm excited to see you guys and let the kids play (I'm assuming we'll see you at some point during the holidays!) I'm also totally jealous that you're a photographer and can just snap everyday pictures of your kids that look good. I can barely figure out MY camera....ugh...one day I'll learn.
Post a Comment