
I can't believe how fast the time goes! Seriously, and with 2 kids it just flies by! But Oakley just gets cuter and cuter every day! We all just adore him and even strangers stop to say hi to our little charmer.
He eats anything we let him get his hands on. He loves baby foods of all kinds but enjoys table food even more. I recently let him try the Roast and Mashed potatoes we had for dinner and he GOBBLED it up. I mean, he really double fisted the roast into his mouth piece by piece. (Luckily it was so tender, he didn't really have to chew much.) He likes to feed himself as much as possible. He has his 2 front bottom teeth and his top left tooth just cut thru. I can see that the one next to it is not far behind. He is a terrible teether and that's about the only complaint I have with this kid :) He can't sleep, he's ornery and very clingy. Just doesn't handle it well.
He is the healthiest kid though and has yet to get really sick or run a fever since he first came home from the NICU. So hopefully teething is the worst of it. He looks pretty darn cute when he grins now with those teefies.
He crawls everywhere and converted to the traditional style. He pulls himself up on everything and can go from crawling to sitting to pull-up standing. I'm afraid this one is going to be a very early walker.
His hair is filling in and he fits in 12 month clothes just fine, so my guess is he will measure in at a decent length. He knows how to open cupboards and drawers and enjoys it quite a bit. He also learned to climb the stairs on his own this week and surprised us by following us to our room the other day.
He HATES to left alone in a room, and also has no tolerance for dirty/wet diapers. He likes to be clean and dry. He enjoys sitting in the bath chair I bought him and playing with his sister in the water. He wants to do everything she does and can't wait to be a big kid. He's still our happy smiley guy (when he's not teething) and giggles so easily and that sound just makes your heart melt.
I tried the binky and bottle again and he now takes both. Seems kind of crazy to start him on a binky at this point, but its really helped soothe his teething woes. And is mostly just used at nap/bedtimes.
He has a bit of stranger anxiety and definitely knows when I'm not around. But he does like and know his daddy, Jichan, Marsha, MiMa, and aunt Rach and Melissa.
No comments:
Post a Comment