4.04.2010

Oakley-2 Months

Oakley is 2 months old already! Time is flying by! We are so in love with our little boy. Anyone who meets him can't help but gush about how darn cute he is! He really is.

He's growing like a champ! At his 2-month check up, he weighed in at 10lbs 6oz! He's practically double his birth weight! He moved up from 5% to 22%! Still a shorty though... 21.5 inches long and that's in the 8th percentile.

Oakley has more hair than his sister! He's got at least 3 dimples that I know of. And he smiles all the time! He's such a handsome boy. I think we have a heartbreaker on our hands...

He is starting to see more with his eyes and can focus on your face or an object. If you smile at him, he can smile back. He kicks his feet and waves his arms, and is starting to bat at things with his fist that he can see. I call him 'Thumper' when he's hungry b/c he thumps one leg repeatedly until he gets fed. When he's on his tummy, he can push up with his arms and is gaining more head control. He's very alert when awake and pays close attention to any talking or sounds going on around him. He is our little snuggler and loves to be held as often and as long as possible. He also seems to be our sensitive guy. He is a big sympathy crier. He also gets upset whenever there's any tension in our house. Sometimes his little lip quivers when I talk sternly to Dakota... like he thinks I'm mad at him.

He's not the best sleeper yet and though an efficient eater, still likes to eat more than every 3 hours. But he's so cute that its hard to be frustrated with him. :) So I just dream about the day when I'll get peaceful sleep again.

All in all, we are loving him and can't wait for him to continue to grow into his personality!


No comments: