I don't know where the last month went. I feel like I was just taking pictures of her for her 4 month mark and somehow she's 5 months already!
She is getting so big so fast and getting more fun every day. She's learning a ton and growing like crazy. She's definitely a baby baby now... no more newborn. It's a bitter-sweet feeling. I had to take her to the doctor the other day, and she weighed 13lbs 14oz, exactly 8 pounds more than her birth! Some of the things I want to remember about this month are:
*She laughs socially--she has a fake laugh that she coughs out when everyone else is laughing but she doesn't really know what's so funny.
*She rests her head on my shoulder and/or burries her face in my neck when I hold her, when she's tired, playing shy, or just wants to give some love.
*She can spin 360 degrees in her jumper to play with all the toys on it.
*She tries to imitate sounds others make.
*She has discovered other people her size... She LOVES other babies!
*She rolls over continuously in one direction, to her left.
*She enjoys animated movies.
*She got a sore throat this month, and another ear infection.
*She can transfer toys between both hands and also between another baby.
*She laughs out loud and babbles.
*She DROOLS more than usual and loves to attack anything with her mouth and gnaw on it... especially my finger. Her bottom gums are a little swollen and I can see two shiny white spots where her teeth will probably cut through.
*She has trouble eating or sleeping when she knows there's something exciting going on.
*She's finally growing some hair!!!
*She has favorite toys: Yellow lion, Jumperoo, Boppy Bee from her play gym, and her rattle. She also likes wrappers and anything she can get her hands on that she's not suppose to(I have to be really careful now)!
*Loves to stand up and look around
*Blows more bubbles than ever with her saliva
*Likes to play with her clothes...lift up her skirts and pull on her shirts while I'm changing her diaper.
*Sucks on my shoulder and sleeve
*She wants a LOT more attention and needs to be entertained more and more
*She eats baby rice cereal and drinks diluted apple juice, and is getting use to her high chair
*Her feet barely outgrew newborn size shoes
*She never stops moving... she is the wiggliest baby girl in the world!
Today, I was finally able to finish painting her toes. For those of you that saw her, she had one red toe for like a week because getting the one toe painted was a bigger task than I anticipated...she never holds still...not even in her sleep! I actually finished them while she was a awake... she became mesmerized by different sounds I was making and as long as I kept making them, she's watch me and I was able to steady her foot with my hand long enough to get the job done. Its not a pro job, but turned out pretty cute I think! She's so funny. We just love her!
3 comments:
LOVE the toes and the party on her head!
That is awesome that you are keeping track of some of those special Dakota moments. I hope everything is going well with your new job.
Love,
The Greens
She is so cute! I am glad to see you enjoying the moments. I wasn't very good at that with my first.
Post a Comment