6.06.2010

4 Months already?


It's hard to believe we are already a 1/3 of the way thru Oakley's first year! His first few months of life have definitely been busy and eventful! In the past month he has continued to roll over from tummy to back in both directions. He discovered his hands and sucks on his fists. He also holds both hands in front of his face and enjoys looking at them and talking. This kiddo talks so much. He coos and jabbers and giggles a LOT. More than I remember Dakota ever doing. He is extremely ticklish, especially on his back and under his chin. He has chubbed up nicely and weighed in at 13lbs 12oz at his check-up and 24 1/4" long! Quite a ways from his birth! Even though he looks pretty chubby, he just barely started wearing 3-6 month clothes and some of those are still too big.

He is such a content happy baby. He rarely cries. In fact, I don't even recognize his cry when he does b/c he cries so infrequently. He loves his sister and any attention that his cousins give him. He loves to be talked to and will talk back. He even talks to his Maa-ma on the phone.

He's eating more, less often, but will NOT, I repeat, NOT take a binky or bottle! He also doesn't really like anything else in his mouth, like medicine... even if it is sweet and sugared... not even apple juice. Breastmilk only. He started sleeping thru the night and has been sleeping from about 10:30pm-7:30am in the morning pretty consistently. He also just moved in with Dakota and sleeps in the crib. Finally!

We moved to Bountiful, right before he turned 3 months, and it's weird to think he'll never know/remember our Logan home. He also went for his first swim on Memorial Day. He liked it. But I don't think he's as much part-fish as his sister. He likes his baths as well, but he doesn't get them as frequently as Dakota did since he is baby #2 and I just don't have as much time and energy as I did with baby #1! ;) But he does love tummy time!

He is such a charmer and makes us smile every.single.day! We absolutely all adore him. He really is a cute kid. And not just because we're biased. He's darling. And I think he's going to be a little heart breaker when he grows up! ;)

4 comments:

Amy Heath said...

He is beautiful Kass!! I mean GORGEOUS!! That picture it so die for. Hope to meet him soon..

Jamie said...

He IS darling! I love the milestones.

Nicole Norris said...

He is a heart throb. It is crazy how fast they grow up. I think the most important milestone he reached was the sleeping through the night!

Shanna said...

Oh, he's so stinking cute!! Seriously - adorable. I can't believe he's 4 months already either...